The Ravine Select by Rome Snowboards is the boosted and stiffer version of the popular Ravine snowboard, for the rider who means business. This all-mountain powder-loving board comes with the Directional Dimond 3D shape, with uplifting bevels on the nose, that provides amazing float in deeper snow and improved handling in variable terrain.
The Ravine Select is perfect for the backcountry but carves beautifully on the piste as well.
The Ravine Select is available in 5 different sizes, and due to the shape of this board, we recommend that you ride the Ravine Select in a shorter size if you want extra playfulness, whilst maintaining float in powder.
The Directional Dimond 3D shape gives you a smoother turn initiation and reduces the risk of you catching an edge. This feature works very well together with the Free-The-Ride Camber profile. This camber profile features more uplift in the nose and a setback camber towards the tail of the board, making your carves on the piste dreamy and floating in powder easily.
A stiffer flex profile gives the Ravine Select a responsive feel that reacts instantly to your movements. The Ravine Select has a directional shape and a 7.5mm taper, giving you a wider nose and a slimmer tail. This will help your snowboard to stay on top of the snow and gliding through the trees with a big grin on your face. Perfect for the steepest and the deepest terrain.
The Sinteredspeed base is the fastest and most advanced base Rome Snowboard offer. The Sinteredspeed base features a high molecular content and will absorb the wax with its open structure. The impact plates provide extra protection from hard landings, dampens chatter from the board, and are positioned under the binding insert packs.
- All-mountain / Powder Snowboard - Take this board everywhere but you will love it in the deep snow.
- 8 out of 10 flex - Powerful flex profile for the ultimate response. The regular version of the Ravine is a 6/10 for flex.
- Free-the-ride camber profile - Features uplift/rocker in the nose with a setback camber on the back foot. Makes the board carve amazingly.
- Directional shape - 7.5mm taper giving the board a wider nose and slimmer tail.
- Directional Diamond 3D - uplifted bevel edges that increase float in deep snow and improve handling in variable terrain.
- Impact Plates - Dampens the impact of your landings and reduces chatter for a smoother ride on your snowboard.
- Carbon Omega HotRods - Made of carbon the omega act as housing and provides additional power and responsiveness.
- Superpop Core - Lightest and most responsive core Rome has on offer with 10mm strips of poplar and 20mm strips of paulownia wood.
- Triax / Biax Glass set up - Fiberglass running in three / two different axes and provides additional torsional rigidity and added snap to the snowboard. Gives the board a stronger construction.
- SinterSpeed Base - the fastest sintered base, built by Rome SDS, for maximum speed and performance.