The Rover Touring Skis are designed to offer you an exciting and new alternative to traditional split boarding. Hike up any mountain so you can explore new descents and find and lay down your own lines. The Rover Touring blades offer a new approach to snowboarding with limitless riding and making every slope available to ride with your favorite snowboard. You don't have to ride or own a split-board and you can enjoy your entire board quiver, whilst exploring different areas and ride lines that have never been ridden before.
You don't have to worry if your local slope is closed down or the lift is not in operation, just mount your Union Explorer binding onto the Rover Approach Skis, hike up the slope, detach the Explorer binding from the rover skis and mount them onto your snowboard with the quiver disk and off you go. The Union Rover works in perfect harmony with the Union Explorer bindings and easily swaps onto your regular snowboard in seconds so you can enjoy the ride down.
The hike up the mountain is made easy with the Rover Approach Skis because they are super light and maneuverable. The Union Explorer bindings make the transition from Rover Skis to your regular snowboard fast and easy. The Rover Touring Blades skis come with Integrated Climbing Skins and they are Hand-Crafted in Austria at The Capita Mothership with 100% Clean Energy.
Check out the video and full key features below to get the full picture of how the Rover Approach skis work.
- Ski Length 100cm - Makes the Rover Approach skis easy to maneuver and hike up to the top with.
- Width: 152.5mm - Gives you a stable platform for hiking and stops you from sinking down in deep snow.
- Wood Core: FSC Certified Select Core - Sustainability sourced Austrian wood.
- Glass: Special Blend Fiberglass + Magic Bean Resin - For added strength
- Base: XXX[TRUDED] Base - There is no need for a sintered base on the Union Approach Skis
- Sidecut: New Age Directional Camber - Provides additional grip on icy and hardpacked surfaces
- Profile: Alpine V2 - For good grip and momentum in your hike up.
- Steel Edges - For added grip and durability
- Weight: 2kg (4.35lbs) - This is a lot lighter than your average Splitboard and makes the Approach skis easy to ride with, strapped onto your backpack.
- Climbing Skin: Integrated-65% Mohair / 35% Nylon - Gives you incredible grip on the way up.
- Compatibility: Voile Standard / All Split Bindings - We recommend using the Union Quiver disk so you can ride your favorite snowboard.